Please read over our Tattoo Procedure Information carefully before enquiring (below). If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you’re looking to get a tattoo from Carmelo, please read the information below carefully – if that works for you, email us or fill out the Enquiry Form below.
- Describe your tattoo idea in full detail, and the location on your body where you would like the tattoo.
- Email the images that you would like to use for reference. These images are important because they will allow Carmelo to properly visualize and design the tattoo.
- Please also send a photo of the location on your body where you would like the tattoo done.
- It is important to make sure that the project is a good match for Carmelo before we can discuss available appointment dates and accept deposits.
- Standard rate is $200 an hour and Carmelo’s full day session is usually around 6-7 hours.
- Larger projects such as full sleeves and back pieces may take up to 4-8 sessions, leg sleeves 8-12 sessions, depending on variables such as skin type, the size and detail of the tattoo, and other factors not listed here. As this is an artistic project, there is no way to guarantee the exact amount of sessions a tattoo will take upfront – every project and person is unique.
- Smaller tattoos require the studio minimum of $150– this will cover work that requires less than an hour to complete. If the tattoo requires time beyond that, each additional hour will be billed at 200 per hour.
Payment and Booking fee:
- Payments are due immediately at the end of each session.
- We accept cash, cards and digital forms as payment methods.
- A booking fee is necessary to secure your appointment – this is $175. Booking fees are non-refundable. The fee serves to reserve all of your booking dates and covers tattoo design time.
- The booking fee is separate from the final cost of the tattoo. It is not attached to final cost of tattoo. If you can not afford to lose the booking fee please do not book an appointment.
- Once we have agreed on all of the details regarding your tattoo project we will send you the instructions on how to pay your booking fee.
- If you need to change the date of your appointment due to unforeseen circumstances, you must let us know at least 7 days prior to the session so we can rearrange our schedules. A new booking fee will be required to continue working together if you cancel or reschedule with less than 7 days’ notice. You can reschedule your appointment only once without losing your booking fee.
- The tattoo session will usually start at 11am
- Clients only. At this time we cannot permit any guests or visitors to be present during appointments. Any visitor other than the tattoo client will be asked to wait outside the building until the tattoo appointment has concluded.
- Please do not drink alcohol for at least a couple days prior to your session – this may cause excessive bleeding during the session and cause an issue with the healing process.
- Make sure to be well-rested before coming into the appointment and eat a meal beforehand to prevent low blood sugar issues.
- Make sure to wear comfortable clothing that helps with the tattooing process – if you’re getting a tattoo on your arm, a tank top or sleeveless t-shirt will be helpful – if you’re getting a tattoo on your leg – it’s better to wear shorts.
- You are welcome to bring food and snacks
- Tattoos are much less painful and your artist is able to work more proficiently when your body is nourished and fed. We have a a microwave free to use at any time.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- If you are late, you must inform us via email If you are more than 30 minutes late without any notification, the session will be canceled without any refund.
- If you do not show up for the appointment – you lose your booking fee and we will not be able to work together again.
Health Concerns and Conditions:
- As for any health problems, allergies, and contraindications – please warn us about this in advance.
- For your protection and the safety of others, you are required to notify us ahead of time if any of the following applies to you:
– You have felt ill or been exposed to other individuals showing symptoms of illness within the past 14 days.
– You have traveled within the past 14 days.
– You have previously tested positive for Covid-19.
- Once your appointment is confirmed we will send you a link for a client waiver. Please fill out the waiver at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Upon your arrival at the studio, we will confirm that the information on your waiver is correct.
- Your booking fee and the waiver being signed will be understood as agreement to the entire policy above, and in doing so you agree that you will not be refunded for any reason whatsoever.
- It is essential that you include your idea, reference pictures and a photo of the location on your body where you want the tattoo. If you do not include this, we will not be able to get back to you.
- We make sure to respond to emails as soon as possible but we receive many inquiries. Please be patient and we will reply to you as soon as we can.
How should I take care of my tattoo after it’s finished?
1. Your tattoo will be wrapped after your sessions ends. Leave your tattoo
wrapped for at least 3 days. It’s is normal to have pools of ink and liquid build up inside of the
2. Please stay away from heavy cardio and lifting exercises while the tattoo heals.
3. On day 3 remove wrap carefully preferably in the shower. Wash it with room temperature water (not too hot, not too cold) and ONLY USE UNSCENTED SOAP. (Gold Dial, cetaphil, eucerin are a good choice).
4. Always wash your hands before washing your tattoo and before applying lotion.
5. After tattoo is cleaned allow to air dry or gently use a paper towel to pat dry.
6. Begin moisturizing the tattoo with Lubriderm Unscented lotion 2 to 3 times per day.
7. Don’t oversaturate the tattoo with lotion. Your tattoo needs to breathe.
8. You will moisturize and clean the tattoo daily for 2 weeks.
9. It is normal for the tattoo to itch and peel. Do Not scratch or pick at tattoo. Let your skin heal on it’s own.
10. If any problems or questions arise during healing process. Do not hesitate to contact Carmelo for answers.
11. After healing is complete remember that tattoos still have to be maintained.
12. Sunscreen lotions are tattoos best friend when enjoying activities in the sun. They will keep your tattoo looking fresh and vibrant for many years.